6.08.2010

6.7.10

Laying in the grass: it was such a nice day today that Bug and I went out and laid in the grass together for a few minutes. He got up faster than I did and wandered around the back yard pointing at things and grunting for my approval. It was sure cute.

Mama: Bug has been saying mama for a long time now, but it has been in that kid way where you know he is applying it to the women of the world and not just me. We've been working on that by me patting him and saying his name, then patting my husband and saying Dada, and then patting me and saying Mama. He mimics us when we do this and he still cries my name when he's sad or hurt, but today... oh today! He came up to me out of the blue without me coaxing him, patted my arm and said Mama. Totally melted my heart.

Appreciating what you have: I've been trying to focus on the good and not on the stress. With camp less than a week away and my lists getting longer and longer... It's not as easy as it seems. :) Tonight as I sit on the couch after throwing out my back, I am forced to try and relax and focus on the good. I really am blessed with such a great family and friend network. I hope you know how grateful I am for all of you!

No comments: